Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A gift can't just be a gift...

In Japan, it's impossible to give a gift without getting something in return.

So, when I gave Beru san the origami dog and cat this morning, he disappeared into his room and returned with a two liter bottle of cold tea and gave it to me. He also invited Samantha and I to a picnic/flower watching party/onsen...thing on the 20th of April. The nursing staff thought it was really funny when I carried the bottle down the hall looking for somewhere to put it.

Also! This just in - I'm scheduled to scrub in to my first ever brain surgery Thursday at 1:30pm (thank you Watanabe san!) where I'll get to watch the real thing in action!! (And maybe I'll meet a Japanese McDreamy? ....I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy.)

Another thing worthy of mention is that quite literally all of the stores in Japan want to carry all the things. It's a one stop shop here and I absolutely love it!...but it makes my wallet feel pretty light at times.
Stopbuyingallthedelicioustreats!

No comments:

Post a Comment