Monday, June 3, 2013

Getsuyobyouki

If you've ever seen the movie "Office Space" with Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston you'll understand me when I say I've definitely got a case of the "Monday's".


I was the most tired at work today! I had to explain that it was "a case of the Monday's" to some of my Japanese friends. We came up with the closest translation in Japanese
: "Getsuyoubi byouki" "Monday illness". For added "flare" we smushed the two together to end with "Getsuyobyouki". Pretty cool right? I think it will catch on (but probably not - the Japanese are never tired).

So it's been a while since my last blog. I put the blame on my older sister Aran-Rose (sorry chicka!). Turns out she hasn't read my blogs recently because I write "too much and too often" (when will she see this one?). Well, yikes!! So I've decided to keep my story telling to a somewhat minimum and make my blog entries readable in under 97 minutes.

I will also take this opportunity to declare another realization: this blog is far too one-sided for my liking. I am happy to report on exciting news from all the way in Iizuka, but I'd also like to know what my readers are interested in! If you've enjoyed looking at [omnipresent] pictures of food but are dying to know how the landscape, weather, people, grocery stores, shrines, differences from Canadian life, hospitals, etc are...please shoot me a message! I've enabled comments so please, ask away and I'd be happy to blog about something you're interested in!

Weather status update: Tsuyu (lit. means plum rain), the rainy season has officially begun.
Run update: See above. Literally puts a damper on that one...39/100 with 13 days until the relay marathon.

Also a really exciting piece of information that's funny and totally worth sharing. The other day when I was observing ankle replacement surgery (rare, the head nurse has been there 4 years and this was the first case she'd seen), the anesthesiologist added my name to the operation information as the "assistant anesthesiologist"! He did that after I'd mentioned the patient's heart rate was a little low and he said "good advice" and gave her atropine to being her heart rate up. Amazing!
I'm glad to say that I have managed to retain information from my years at University, success!

And with that in mind....my amazing salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment