Sunday, July 21, 2013

What AMAZING surprises!

Friday was a day of surprises!

It was my last day on the East 8th floor, after 4 weeks! I can't believe it! So as usual, I prepared a small leaving gift for the nursing staff as a thank you for putting up with me (wish I was kidding). I'm sure I made up for my daily ignorance with this chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate icing feel your heart stopping wonder of a cake. But, much to my surprise, I received a few excellent gifts of my own! Mizota san, one of the nurse aids that I worked with everyday, made me a bento lunch and brought it to work for me (maybe I talked about food too much?), a patient gave me some Japanese sweets and the nursing staff brought me out an amazing....amaaaaazing card that they'd all made and signed! It's hilarious! My new goal is to learn enough Japanese to be able to read all of the comments. :) I am so happy to have had the opportunity to work with such wonderful people these past four weeks. I will certainly miss them a lot. I plan on having dinner with Shinga san, the head nurse, sometime soon :).





I certainly will not be forgetting any of you any time soon! Thank you!

And on TOP of all of this wonderfulness, as I'm leaving work I notice a package with my name on it! Oh my goodness it's from Daniella back home!! YAY! Annnnnd I opened it to this marvelous display of excellent treats and goodies! These people know me too well - look at all the peanut butter! Girl, you are something special!! Thank youuuuuu!! You put a huge smile on my face and a reminder of my friends and family back home. Miss you.


I shouldn't feel bad that most of it is already gone....right?
Nah. A full tummy is a happy tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment