Sunday, March 31, 2013

My volunteering schedule!

I've finally received a rough volunteering schedule for my next 5.5 months at the hospital here in Japan!!

It all begins TOMORROW Monday April 1st, I'll be in the Brain surgery and cerebral internal medicine ward, shadowing for the first three days then working solo for the next 2 weeks.
Monday April 22nd - Gynecology ward for 3 weeks.
Monday May 13th - Respiratory medicine, hematological medicine, connective tissue disease and rheumatic disease medicine for 2 weeks.
Monday May 27th - Orthopedics ward and post HCU for 2 weeks.
Monday June 6th - Oncology and Chemotherapy ward for 2 weeks
Monday June 24th - General Surgery ward for 4 weeks
Monday July 22nd - High Care Unit for 4 weeks
Monday August 19th - Emergency Room for 2 weeks

Each ward is going to have a variety of tasks associated with it. At this point, I'm not entirely sure how I will be helping, but I am very excited to start! I'll also be volunteering some days sister hospitals, Kaita and Minami Kagoshima Sakura. My duties there are still a little uncertain though, but they specialize in longer term care.

Let's do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment