Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fukuoka Softbank Hawks at the Yahoo! Dome. Finally!

YES! 

I finallllllly made it to the Yahoo! Dome in Fukuoka city to watch a Fukuoka Softbank Hawks baseball game!! Myself, Samantha, Ken and 5 other hospital staff members made our way there together on Sunday July 14th for an absolutely AMAZING time. Most of the excitement came from Sumiyoshi san, who is a very dedicated Softbank Hawks fan and becomes rowdy after a few asahi. The baseball games here very similar to the Jays I'm used to at home...except the food of course. I enjoyed some takoyaki, small grilled balls of dough with octopus inside (YUM), while taking in this wonderful display of athletic ability. I particularly liked the encouraging chants that the crowd screams for each player AND, the best part, the releasing of balloons at the 5th inning! 
Here's a video of the balloons. My apologies for the shakes, I was trying to film and wave my towel at the same time with little success.


The ending of the game was super stressful as the opposing team scored two bases at the top of the final inning to bring the score to a tie (here I was thinking we'd win early and not have to play the bottom of the ninth). But in the end the young rookie on the team smashed an excellent shot to bring home a runner in the bottom of the ninth. We went nuts! There were fireworks at the end as well. Amazing! Even better was that their track record with this team was something like 1 win to 5 losses? So getting the win felt even better!


missin' my T.O Blue Jays big time, but now certainly a FSH fan as well.
The biology freak in me needs to say "No...not a Follicle Stimulating Hormone fan, a Fukuoka Softbank Hawks fan".

No comments:

Post a Comment